Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 13 Reading Diary B: Battle of the Pandavas and Kauravas

This reading mostly covered the battle between the Pandavas and Kauravas. Even though I knew the Pandavas would win, I was still on the edge of my seat, especially when Arjuna fought Karna. I thought it was sad that Karna had to die. I was really hoping he would have a change of heart and join his brothers, though that was probably very unrealistic from the start. The whole battle is kind of sad, actually. Particularly when Arjuna explained to Krishna why it was so difficult for him to fight Bhishma, his grandfather. He remembered playing with him as a child, and he couldn't kill him right away. So it was kind of heartbreaking when he eventually did.

The reading ended with Duryodhana hiding out in a lake. Seemed kind of cowardly. His few remaining friends asked him to come out and fight with them, but he refused on account of he was tired. Sanjaya describes him as such an incredible warrior, but this was kind of a wimpy move, I think.


(Duryodhana found in the lake)

No comments:

Post a Comment