Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Online Education Review

This was my first online class, and I loved it. I was worried I might have a hard time keeping up with a class if I didn't need to physically be there everyday, but it was structured so well that this was not an issue at all. Aside from the class content, I learned about a lot of cool internet things. I made my first blog for this class, as well as my first website. There were some really neat Tech Tips that I think I will use a lot in the future, too. I don't know if I ever would have been exposed to most of these things in a traditional class. I think I probably wouldn't have.

This was a meme I learned how to make in this class. Web: memecrunch.com

I would definitely recommend this class to anyone, and I myself would take more classes online in the future. I think that with online classes, there's a concern that there isn't a lot of student-student and student-instructor interaction, and while I suppose that may be true from some online courses, that was not the case at all with Indian Epics. We did enough peer commenting that I felt like I really got to know other students in the class, just as well as I do in my regular classes for sure, and maybe even better. I also feel like I had a good email relationship with the instructor. Laura was always available if I had questions, and she gave me really, really great feedback on my stories. She was so great about helping me improve my writing and being encouraging about it at the same time. That's not an easy balance, but she's awesome at it! I always looked forward to getting comments back from her because they were so positive! Definitely a confidence-booster, and I'm not very confident about my writing, so I appreciated it a lot. It is clear that she has put a ton of time and energy into this online course, and I think any future online classes should use this one as an example. It truly is set up very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment