Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 12 Reading Diary B: Exile in the Forest

This was my favorite reading thus far in the Mahabharata. The side stories were cool; I really enjoyed the one where Savitri reclaimed her husband from Yama. I also liked when Duryodhana had to be saved by the Pandavas.

My favorite part was the return of Hanuman! He was my very favorite character in the Ramayana, so I loved the part where Hanuman met Bhima and they talked about Hanuman’s assistance in Rama’s epic journey. Such an awesome little monkey. I was happy to see he’s still funny and sassy, and super strong -- stronger than Bhima, even. I kind of wish that part had lasted longer. Hanuman invited Bhima to return later, and I hope he does.

I also like the relationship between Krishna and Draupadi. They’re kind of pals. She calls him when she needs help, and he always shows up for her immediately. They also speak very openly with each other, and they’re pretty funny. It’s an unusual friendship, but it’s fun to read about.


(Draupadi satisfies Krishna with one pinch of Rice)

No comments:

Post a Comment