Saturday, February 28, 2015

Commenting Review Week

I really enjoy the commenting part of the class. I've never taken an online class before, so I didn't imagine it would have so much classmate interaction. But I'm really glad it does. I enjoy hearing from other people about the stories I write. I didn't know if I would, but everyone says such nice and helpful things in their comments that I actually get excited when I receive notifications that there are new comments on my blog.

It used to take me a long time to write comments for other people, but I'm getting much more comfortable with it, and now I'm able to just kind of say what I think. I try to always start with really positive things to say about someone's story or project, usually my favorite thing about it. I like to do that because it makes me feel really good about my own work when other people do that in their comments on my things.

Starting comments is easy. I just say hi and then dive in. Ending comments is weird. I typically don't know what to say for that. Looking back, I've noticed that I ended many, many comments with some variation of "Great job!" Which I guess is alright.

I have read some really, really great stories. There are some amazingly talented writers in this class, so it's a pleasure to do the project and blog commenting assignments.


I made this image using the meme generator. I struggle with commas.

memecrunch.com

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I really enjoy the level of interaction provided through the blog and storybook commenting assignments. I really enjoy reading the comments I receive too; it really makes my day sometimes.

    I like your meme! That is SO something Fry would say; I can hear it lol.
    It is so important to exercise empathy when commenting, to ensure that everything we say to others would be acceptable if said to us and not offensive or demeaning in any way. My intention is always to help others strengthen their writing and to let them know how their stories affect me. I really appreciate that in turn, when others are commenting on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison,

    I definitely agree with you. This is my first online class too, and I could not have imagined so much interaction with the other online students! I love the meme that you included with your post. I struggle with commas as well. I miss writing poetry where the number of commas was completely up to the writer! Happy blogging haha.

    ReplyDelete